Pages

24 September 2010

Tor des Geants pre-race thoughts

The day before the race, I wrote up some thoughts I was mulling over and posted them over at the LaSportiva Mountain Running blog. They kind of describe how I found myself in Courmayeur, Italy, about to embark on the Tor des Geants and the biggest challenge I have ever undertaken.

I found what was at the end of my pathway - did you?

(Yeah, I know it is funny to point to pre-race thoughts when it is all over anyways.....post-race thoughts coming up shortly.....)

TdG start area: Euro-Bruce, Jen Segger, Daniel Probst, Julia Boettger, Beat Jegerlehner

5 comments:

Sue said...

Can't wait to hear about your great adventure Bruce. Is 6633 the next big adventure?

Bruce Grant said...

uhhh....6633....rrrrriiiight.

well, let's just get over this little 208-mile thing before thinking about 350-miles! On the up side, aside from the pounding my knees took down the mountains at TdG, the reality I discovered is that my pace could have carried on for much, much longer. So - let's just say "maybe" for now :-)

btw, Sue - Congrats on your success at Lost Soul!! That rock is pretty sweet, isn't it? :-)

chris mcpeake said...

looking forward to your post thoughts for sure. cool blog

Bruce Grant said...

Thanks for stopping by, Chris! I'm still processing the post-race impressions...it's hard to figure out where to start writing about a 111-hour journey, but it's coming. Stay tuned....

Gerhard Boerner said...

Hi Bruce,

we met at the Bouton d`Or Hotel in Courmayeur after the TDG race.

Beautifull pictures and an interessting blog.

If you like:

http://ultra-burna.de/pageID_10347165.html

Have a good time an greetings from Germany

Gerhard

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive